Using the most advanced computer technology, CEREC enables crowns, veneers, inlays, onlays, bridges and implant restorations to be created in a single dental visit. There is no need for impressions or temporary crowns. The restoration is natural looking because it’s made of tooth-colored ceramic material. It’s metal-free – no silver fillings. The ceramic material is compatible with mouth tissue and is high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant. The new tooth will match existing teeth in fit, color and shade.
The Benefits of CEREC:
- Eliminates the need for tooth impression molds traditionally needed to manufacture dental crowns.
- Less time spent in the chair. Only one office visit is required to complete the procedure.
- Crowns are created in the office using high quality ceramic that does not contain mercury or toxic metals.
- The technology is precise and accurate. Crowns are custom-designed for a perfect, natural tooth-colored fit.
- CEREC crowns are permanently bonded (never temporary), and may last for more than 10 years.
- An instant CEREC crown reduces the risk of discomfort and bacteria leakage into the site, which is common in temporary dental cap use.
- More of your natural tooth enamel is preserved because the CEREC crown is chemically bonded to the tooth.